Healing & Wellness Committee
This committee works with the parish nurse to promote health in body mind and spirit. Twice a year in February and November there are blood pressure screening clinics. .
The Parish Nurse is at the parish Mondays and Wednesdays, as well as the third Sunday of the month, for our monthly ‘Healing Sunday’ when anointing is offered during the service and the liturgy focuses on healing and wholeness. She supports parishioners who are dealing with health challenges, bereavement, transitions and who need information and resources. Pastoral visits and phone calls are made as part of this ministry, along with organizing, training and supporting pastoral visitors.
- Presentations & Speakers on Health issues
- “Blue Christmas” - Our Remembrance and Hope Service for those grieving during the Christmas season
- CPR/First Aid/AED is held yearly as necessary
- A bulletin board on health matters is also regularly up-dated.
Seniors' & Retirement Homes
- Our clergy lead a monthly Eucharist at Glynnwood Retirement Home and Oakridges Retirement Centre