Healing & Wellness Committee
This committee works with the parish nurse to promote health in body mind and spirit. Twice a year in February and November there are blood pressure screening clinics. Our nurse gave a session on Healthy Eating for Older Adults in Mar 2013.
The Parish Nurse is at the parish Mondays and Wednesdays, as well as the third Sunday of the month, for our monthly ‘healing Sunday’ when anointing is offered during the service and the liturgy focuses on healing and wholeness. She supports parishioners who are dealing with health challenges, bereavement, transitions and who need information and resources. Pastoral visits and phone calls are made as part of this ministry, along with organizing, training and supporting pastoral visitors.
- Presentations & Speakers on Health issues
- “Blue Christmas” - Our Remembrance and Hope Service for those grieving during the Christmas season
- CPR/First Aid/AED is held yearly as necessary
- A walking group in July 2012,
- A bulletin board on health matters is also regularly up-dated.
Coming in the Spring 2014
- A Chronic Disease Workshop from Mar 4th- Apr 8th 2014 from 0930-1200
- Speaker on Mindfulness - April 5th 0830-1230
Senior Home and Hospital
- Our clergy lead a monthly Euchristic service at Glynwood Retirement Home
- Our Lay Readers offers scheduled services at Mackenzie Health Centre.